Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Trying to find healthy snacks for my kids has been a bit of a challenge.  Actually the real challenge was weaning them off of all the unhealthy snacks they had been having. I know not the best mom moment for me but I too had been eating not so healthy for a long time and well my habits spilled over to my children.  I do all the food shopping, prepping, and cooking so I am responsible for what goes into my family's mouths.  I am happy to say we are moving in the right direction and when I find recipes like these today I get excited.  I get excited for two reasons 1. healthy "treats" 2. another step in the right direction




Ingredients: 
2 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup natural peanut butter 
Note: do not use regular peanut butter the bites will be too oily
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips


Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all the ingredients except for chocolate chips in a food process and process until very smooth.  Make sure to scrap the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until combined. You want this VERY smooth.  
3. Mix in the chocolate chips and stir if you can or pulse in the food processor.  The mixture will be thick and sticky so I found it easier to remove the mixture from the food processor and combine chips in a bowl.  
4. With wet hands, form mixture into small balls and place on a piece of parchment paper.  If you want the bites to look more like cookies (that is what we called them in our house) press down slightly onto the balls so they are flat.  
The bites do not rise.  
5. Bake for 10 minutes

This is a recipe that had been circulating the internet on facebook.  I had often seen it but thought hmm chickpeas?  I finally decided okay I am going to try it and see and was pleasantly surprised.  Kids tested and approved!! That's a win in my house!!



If you try this recipe I would love to know your thoughts. Also if you have any kid friendly recipes to share please do so. I am always looking for my kiddos!!   

Interested in more clean eating recipes or maybe you want to get on the healthy train? Join my next 30 day Clean Eating and Shakeology challenge group. This type of group is great for someone who is not yet ready to start incorporating exercise but wants to learn how to eat better....healthier!! I will teach you everything I have learned and more!! We will talk about what foods to eat and what not to eat, meal plan, incorporate shakeology into your daily regime, daily doses of motivation, recipes, tips, etc. If you would like more information regarding this group pleaseCONTACT ME and we will discuss what would best fit your needs!!

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY LIfe 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter


Post a Comment