Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Love the season of Fall, the smell of Fall, the look of fall, and the taste of Pumpkin! Anyone else? 

As I find my friends posting about their fall recipes I always search for those that include pumpkin!  I love the taste of pumpkin and the smell always reminds me of my Mom Mom's fresh pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving - Yum! 


My kids love pancakes and so when I saw this recipe I was hesitant to try it because the #1 people who would be in line to eat would be my kids.  I say pancakes (or waffles) and they come running!  I was afraid because well, this is not their USUAL pancake style.  I figured I wouldn't know the answer until I try it so I did.  The result - they LOVED them!  I loved them too and I am not a big fan of pancakes usually (maybe I was just eating the wrong kinds of pancakes, come to think of it).  The past couple of weeks this has been on our breakfast menu.  It's a Keeper!!!!

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!

Ingredients...

6 egg whites
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 cup whole rolled oats
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Real Maple Syrup

Directions...

  1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
  2. Spray pan with clean cooking spray and make pancakes
  3. Top with Real Maple Syrup
Like this recipe? Let me know!

Interested in more ways to eat healthier and live a more fit lifestyle? 
Contact me HERE!!!!

~Alyson
Post a Comment