Monday, January 4, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Week 1-3 Review

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit lifePeople always said when I was younger, the older you get the faster the days go.

I always thought - yeah right!

But now that I am a bit older than I was then, I can totally see what they were talking about!

The days have been flying by!

I mean come on, it is already 2016?!?!

Some of this flying time is good though!

An area where it is good is in my fitness journey!!

Today, Monday, January 4, 2016 I started Week 4 of Hammer and Chisel.  This program released in December and I snagged it up as soon as I could and quickly got to work.


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit life

Here is my review of Weeks 1-3...

What I am loving is that my legs are becoming more defined than ever before!! I see my muscles looking more chiseled in my thighs and my butt lifting. How awesome is that!! I've already lost inches in my thighs and waist and that was throughout the holiday season. As you know most people gain weight during the holidays - the good news for me is I didn't gain WOO HOO and I chiseled my muscles all thanks to Hammer and Chisel!!

What I am not liking about the program so far and this might sound petty but...
The workouts are all different lengths of time. I love waking up and knowing exactly how long my workout is and ideally it being the same length each and every day. Some days it is 30 and other days 40. Not a big deal for some, but I like the consistency when all the workouts are the same length of time.

Now lets talk workouts!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit life, hammer and chisel workout calendar
I am using the Hammer & Chisel Base Kit
I've covered majority of the workouts in the first 3 weeks:
Chisel Balance
Hammer Plyometrics
Iso Strength Chisel
Iso Speed Hammer
Chisel Endurance
Total Body Hammer
10 min Ab Hammer
Chisel Cardio
Max Hammer Strength
Chisel Agility
The Master's Cardio  **Bonus workout
Hammer Power
Hammer Conditioning
Total Body Chisel
10 min Ab Chisel

Let me tell you, you won't get bored with this program!! Each and every day you are changing your workout which also means you are working some muscles you may have forgotten about!!

My favorite is The Master's Cardio workout. It is short and intense. It is all of the Chisel's (Autumn Calabrese) and the Hammer's (Sagi Kalev) favorite moves which you do most for about 30 reps. If I am ever short on time this for sure will be a workout I can squeeze in and totally get an awesome workout!!

I don't have a least favorite but I will say the toughest workout for me is Iso Strength Chisel. The reps you do aren't so bad, it is when it comes to these 10 second holds that burn baby burn!!

This workout program does have many of the workouts using additional equipment that you might not necessarily be use to seeing with some other beachbody workout programs.

Typical equipment needed:
* dumbbells of varying weights
* mat for the floor
* workout sheets and pen (to write down your progress)
* a resistance band

In addition you will need:
* a weight bench or stability ball
* a pull up bar or resistance band with door attachment

Want more detailed information on equipment - read this!

I have been following along without the weight bench or pull up bar and using the other equipment. I can say I am still feeling challenged and seeing results, so if you don't have a bench of bar don't feel that you necessarily need them. There are other options you might already have at home.


Hammer and Chisel Nutrition Plan
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit lifeThe nutrition plan with this workout is set up very similar to the 21 day fix nutrition plan. The only area I differed from the 21 day fix plan was in the category I fell into which determines the number of color coded containers you need throughout your day. According to my calculations I am in Plan C.
I typically follow the containers from Plan A because that is what I have been following for almost 2 years now from the 21 day fix and so far I haven't been hungry. The best advice I can give someone starting Hammer and Chisel is that is it very important to listen to your body. If you are not sure then I would stick with the calculation that is determined by the Hammer and Chisel Nutrition plan booklet. Of course you can always ask me and I can point you in the right direction based on the program.

Here are my meal plans for Weeks 1-3:


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit life, hammer and chisel meal plan





www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit life, hammer and chisel meal plan, meal planning on hammer and chisel, healthy recipes




www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit life, hammer and chisel meal plan, meal planning on hammer and chisel, healthy recipes


 and we had two holidays thrown into the mix so there were times when temptations were everywhere! CHRISTMAS COOKIES I love!! I didn't count in the cookies but what I did do was limit my portions. I am more aware now of how important it is to provide my body with food that nourishes it rather than providing it with a quick satisfaction (like a cookie). It took time for me to wrap my head around this concept but now that I do I have a new relationship with food.


So there you have it my Hammer and Chisel Weeks 1-3 review!!
Loving the challenge this program provides and can't wait to see more of what it has to offer in the remaining weeks!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, the time will pass anyway, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel week 1 review, hammer and chisel week 2 review, hammer and chisel week 3 review, hammer and chisel workout review, hammer and chisel nutrition plan, hammer and chisel results, healthy eating, healthy life, fit life, hammer and chisel meal plan, meal planning on hammer and chisel, healthy recipes, be fearless motivation



My question for you is, WANT TO JOIN ME?
Join me for my health and fitness groups where support and accountability are a daily thing!! Workouts, meal planning, learning how to eat healthier, portion control, and more!! All this can be yours only when YOU are willing to take the chance and make a change!! 

Fill out the application below or contact me for further details on my groups!!
Have a fabulous week!!

My passion and my goal is to help others to learn 
how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, tasty tuesday, healthy eating, clean eating, healthy recipes, clean recipes, lenten meals, meat free meals, 3 day refresh, veggie stir fry, healthy lifestyle, beachbody coach, looking for a beachbody coach

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.
Post a Comment