Monday, January 27, 2014

Grilled Chicken with Apples and Honey

  
 As you know I love finding new recipes and better yet is when I don't have to search for them myself.  

One of the great advantages of when you purchase a health and fitness bundle pack (a.k.a. a challenge pack) from teambeachbody.com is that you get a free 30 day trial to the Club Membership that is available. Well I have to tell you I am so happy I got that free trial when I did because honestly I would not have paid for the upgrade!! Why I am so thankful for the membership is because it gave me access to a super cool feature on the teambeachbody.com website - the MEAL PLANNING WIZARD!! Yep, that is right the wizard does the work for you. AWESOME!! So that is where this particular recipe comes from, a suggestion from teambeachbody.com.  



Grilled Chicken with Apples and Honey

Ingredients...
1/4 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons raw honey
1 dash sea salt
4 teaspoon olive oil, divided use
4 (4 oz) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced

Directions...
1. Preheat Grill or broiler
2. Combine wine, mustard, honey, and salt in a small bowl, whisk to blend. 
Set aside
3. Brush chicken breasts evenly with 1 teaspoon olive oil
4. Grill or broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear. Set Aside.
5. While chicken is cooking, heat remaining 3 teaspoons oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. 
6. Add apples, onion, and wine mixture; cook, stirring frequently for 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender and liquid thickens slightly to sauce consistency.
7. Serve apples over chicken

Viola dinner is served!! 

We served out chicken with steamed broccoli and a brown rice quinoa medley (from Costco and it rocks!)


If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.

Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson


@alysonhorcher - Instagram

Post a Comment