Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week in Review and Planning ahead




Love Love Loving Les Mills Pump!! It seems to get better and better each week.  I can see a noticeable difference in my abs and my butt and thighs.  I can also see more muscle tone in my shoulders and back which to me is HOT!! I always saw those girls that had that type of muscle tone and they just look well put together.  I am not looking to get big and bulky muscle looking but well toned.


Next up is Week 7 of Les Mills Pump.  Last week was the beginning of Phase 2 and oh boy do I feel the burn!! Pump & Shred was on the schedule 3 times and oh baby!!  This week I get introduced to Pump Revolution.  


What I am loving about Pump is the actual workouts. Easy enough to follow and yet challenging enough that I am progressing.  
What I am not loving so much is the longer workouts with Pump &  Shred BUT it is a great workout! 

I have also been substituting in my own cardio in place of the walking that is recommended with the Pump schedule. I workout first thing in the morning before anyone else (well usually) is awake.  I like to get it in and done and off my plate.  In order to have that satisfaction that I am done, I decided it was necessary to add in my cardio in the morning. I have been doing some of my favorite workouts from Turbofire, Les Mills Combat, and Chalean Extreme.  Normally I do get in plenty of walk time between playing with my  kids and my normal chores and daily life.  

Next up is what is going on with my nutrition...well I keep trying to get better and better. This past week was Halloween and I am very proud to say I did not have ANY candy. I also limited my kids in their candy intake too AND we did the Switch Witch this year.  have you ever heard of it?  Super cute, super fun, and gets the candy out of the house!! 

  
What helped me the most I feel to stay away from the candy this year is my SHAKEOLOGY!!  I made a shake right before we headed out the door for Halloweening. So I was full from my shake and I was not tempted by the sweet treats.  For anyone that knows me, knows I am usually a sweet-aholic. Not this time, I came prepared!!
me as we were walking with the kids
My shake choice I had was Snickerdoodle!! 

So as I was  preparing my meal plan for this upcoming week, I decided it was time to try some new recipes. I am going back to one of my all time favs and that is Vanilla Latte!! Heaven!! and I am trying out Mexican Chocolate, Mocha Frap, and Vanilla Fried Ice cream.  YUM!!

I am also having 2 shakes most days this week because my kids have been sick.  I have found when I double up on my shakes I rarely catch what they have. Remember I am a stay at home mom too so I am with my kids 
ALL THE TIME!!  



Here is my meal plan for the week.  
I highlighted a few recipes that are newer to me.  


and with that being said and done it is time for me to call it a night.  I have my plan in place and I feel confident about success this week!! 


Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson


@alysonhorcher - Instagram
Post a Comment