Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Clean Eating CrockPot Chicken Tacos

Who cooks in your house?  I do, I do!! 
What happens when the main cook isn't around to fulfill his/her duties?  PREPARE in advance!! 

This past Saturday I made an appointment to get my hair colored and cut.  The only appointment available was  late in the day and it would cut into the time I would normally be making dinner.  So what is a good wife/mother/cook to do - CROCK POT it!! 

I had found this recipe for clean eating crockpot chicken tacos awhile ago, I just  never made it.  So looking through all the many recipes I have for future testing I can upon this particular one and it looked so easy.  I figured if I was running late my husband would be able to finish up the last few steps after it was done cooking and voila dinner would be served to the troops.  

We are huge Mexican food fans and this gave us a taste of what we love!  Enjoy!!

Clean Eating CrockPot Chicken Tacos 
Ingredients...
1 pound chicken breasts
1 clean salsa
1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (I used a 12 cup diced tomatoes b/c the green chilies are to spicy for my kids)
1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
whole wheat tortillas or if you are making a taco salad romaine lettuce shredded
Fixings - shredded lettuce, homemade guacamole, sliced avocado, cilantro, black olives, corn, black beans, Greek yogurt, diced tomatoes, diced green onion, or any other toppings you choose 

Directions...
1. Put all ingredients minus the FIXINGS in a crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.  
2. Remove Chicken from crockpot and using two forks shred the chicken.  
3. Add chicken back to crockpot and stir to combine everything again.  
4. Serve on your whole wheat tortillas or bed of lettuce and top with FIXINGS 

If you try this recipe please let me know your thoughts!! I am always anxious to hear what others think of the recipes I post. 



Are you a clean eater? New to clean eating? or need a major overhaul on what you eat?  Message Me - I would love to learn more about your eating lifestyle. If you need help figuring out how to eat healthier or even want to see what clean eating is all about I can HELP!!  Each month I host two different kinds of online support and accountability groups.  One I host is a 30 day Healthy Eating group and the other is a healthy eating and fitness group.  If you would like more information on either of these groups or just want to pick my brain and chat, feel free to message me or a leave a comment below.  If it wasn't for a friend introducing me to the Clean Eating lifestyle who knows where I would be today!! It is so very nice and comforting when we can lean on others to help support and guide us! 




Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter


Post a Comment