Sunday, January 13, 2013


  
It's been a long time since I last wrote a blog post and I realized today, I have been missing it terribly.  Whether there are people out there reading this or not, I want to do it - I enjoy doing it.  Prior to my hiatus I had been focusing on getting recipes posted.  My reason is people were always asking me what I was eating now that I cleaned up my diet.  I still want to post recipes.  I also want to post about topics I get asked about, issues I am having, issues others are having, and how we can all live healthier and happier lives.  I want to live a healthier and happier life.  Do you????????

If so, keep reading because I am about to share with you a few things I try on a daily basis to help me get to where I want to go....





So how can we live healthier happier lives?  Does anyone have a magic pill?  

These things that I do may not benefit everyone. These work for ME!! I am hoping at least one can be beneficial for you!!

What I do to try and live a 
Healthier and Happier LIFE
  


Relax your Body and Mind


Relaxation is the most and very important activity which should be adapted by everyone.  We all have said one time or another that we are "Too Busy to relax!“  To boost your body, rejuvenate your mind, and optimize success we all must Learn to RELAX!!!!  Personally I continue to work on this one.  I feel like my mind never stops.  Recently though I started a program and one of the tasks was to create a To Do list at the same time every day.  I choose to create mine before I go to bed the night before.  I feel this way I get to let go of those things on my mind and then can I only really focus and RELAX!!!!




Exercise


Human bodies are designed to be physically active.  Unfortunately the society we live in today exposes us to the sedentary nature of modern life.  This type of sedentary lifestyle plays a significant role in the the many cases of depression present today. Many studies show that depressed patients who stick to a regimen of aerobic exercise improve as much as those treated with medication. Exercise also appears to prevent depression and improve moods in healthy people.  Many exercise forms -- aerobic, yoga, weights, walking and more -- have been shown to benefit mood. If you exercise 3 to 4 times per week with at least 20 minutes of physical activity you are on the right path.  I right now am at 6 times a week of at least 20-30 minutes. 

Follow a Clean Eating Lifestyle


Drink plenty of water, eat six small meals daily that include a combination of lean protein and complex carbohydrates.  Avoid all processed foods.  Rely on fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains rather than prepackaged or fast food items.  Through this type of lifestyle you are eating to nourish your body by providing it with the right vitamins, minerals, and fiber.  We need to fuel or body right.  We are only given one body and so we must take care of it.  I have also added in having my Shakeology once a day.  To learn more about shakeology click Here.



Smile and Laugh (a lot)


Simple right?  So why don't we do more of it?  Smiling and especially laughing are mood boosters and they are contagious!!!!  Have you ever not smiled when someone smiled at you?  What about when you hear someone laugh, you look and want to know what that person is laughing about.  If you were part of the conversation you would be laughing too.  Sometimes we are laughing with others and we don't even know why.  Think about how you feel when you laugh? You get the warm, fuzzy feeling inside you!!



Limit Media Exposure


Everywhere we turn in today's time we are exposed to all the negativity going on in the world.  The main hub of this exposure is MEDIA.  I have heard the exposure being termed "data smog" and is defined as a dense cloud of trivial, irrelevant  or otherwise low-value information made possible by the internet's power to disseminate vast amounts of media virtually free.  Think of all the positive actions you could be doing instead of sitting yourself in front of the TV, computer, email, texting, etc. We could be having conversations with people we enjoy, playing with our kids, taking a walk outside, etc. I am sure you get my point.  My husband and I got rid of our cable over  a year ago.  We were sick and tired of all the reality shows and negative "News" that were constantly being thrown in our face.  All I really want to know from the News channels is what is the weather going to be like. Now I can simply go to my weather app and find it out in an instant.  I do not have to sit through all the killings, burglaries, etc. and I don't have to expose my young children to it either.  



Forgive


Ahh if it were that simple,  we would all just as easily forgive - right? Forgiveness is always said to be the key to happiness.  If you have the choice to forgive or be resentful which do you choose? There was a day when I use to choose the later but now I understand life is what we make of it.  I would much rather go through life forgiving people, including myself,  than holding grudges. Don't get me wrong, I still get mad from time to time but I try and remind myself the act of forgiveness is BEST.  



Practice Gratitude


I thank God every day and night for giving me this life that I am living! It takes no more than a few minutes of my time to do this.  Think of all of life's blessings - the sun on a cold winter day, the rain when we are in a drought, the kind woman or man at the grocery store that picks up your child's toy after they have throw it out of the cart several times, or the old woman who holds the door for you as your are walking into church, and the list goes on and on.  How often do we thank God for all these blessings or thank the person who is directly being so kind?  Learning to feel and express gratitude is key to achieving and maintaining a happy life!!



Practice Acts of Kindness


It's the little things.
It's not what you say, it's what you do.

These expressions may be cliches, but there is truth in their message. By practicing small acts of kindness, you will perceive yourself and others more positively. You'll also appreciate your good fortune in comparison.

Pick 1 day a week and carry out 3 small acts of kindness or spread them out over a week.  You never know who's life you are going to impact!!!!




What do you do to live a healthier and happier life?
 Please share below in the comments or MESSAGE ME!!!!

Here's to another fantastic week
~Alyson



Post a Comment